August 23, 2010

Zak Reel's film review: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. This is my first review on this website, I hope people will enjoy it!


Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is about a 22 year-old who plays bass guitar in a band named Sex Bob-Omb. There is the girl of his dreams (literly) and in order to date her he has to fight and destroy her 7 evil ex-boyfriends. The story is really good and it works through out the whole film. The acting is good as well, it's Michael Cera, being well, Michael Cera. This film feels really good on the big screen, you're not going to get the same experiance as you would if you watched it boot-legged, or on Blu-Ray and DvD. The video game refrences are gonna make people freak out with enjoyment, when I heard that freaken Zelda music in the first 10 sec. of the film I was instantly fucking hooked!

The action is what people are wondering about, well it's exactly how a comic book would play out for a fight sequence. It's a real graphic novel on screen, you could also say it has a video game feel to it as well. It does, it does it really great! Also as a fan of the graphic novel I personally think they did a fantastic job making the graphic novel into a movie. Pretty much, if you're a fan of graphic novels, comic books, video games, then this movie is definatley for you.


Final Verdict: See the movie already! 5/5


Reason why I am posting my review today is because I was going to on saturday, then shit got in the way. I was going to as well this saturday, I found out I was leaving for vacation on thursday and getting back sunday. Hoped you enjoyed my review, post a comment of a movie for me to review and I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment