October 08, 2010

Topaz Review of Catus Cooler


Topaz Review of Cactus Cooler



a full view of the bottle

Let me start by saying that today was the first time I've ever had a Cactus Cooler. I had no idea that it was made by the Dr. Pepper/7-Up Inc. and was happy to find that it has a very exciting flavor that is different from the norm. Being a less-popular beverage, I'm surprised that I don't hear about it more. Even the Wikipedia article for it is extremely short. One of my philosophies for life is always try the obscure, give new things a chance. That is what I did today. As I write this review, I am drinking my first ever Cactus Cooler. Let's get started.

TASTE
Cactus Cooler has an almost perfect harmony of both orange and pineapple, with no flavor overpowering the other. This makes a unique original flavor, that can't be replicated. I've had a plethora of beverages over the years, and nothing tastes even close to Cactus Cooler. It has a slight bitter taste, but it's a complementary bitterness, and If it was a sweet taste I don't think that it would be as good. Making original flavor is tough these days, but Cactus Cooler pulls it off, and does it well.
76/100

TEXTURE
It seems almost Juicy, but sure enough there is a small amount of carbonation here. Not too much, but enough to make a nice tingle in your mouth that complements the flavor. A very well-balaced, thought out formula. It's almost as if the designers of the flavor wanted to make sure that the texture complemented it the most perfect way. This is one of the many reasons that I adore Dr. Pepper/7-Up Inc.
80/100

PACKAGING
The artwork on Cactus Cooler sets the mood instantly, making sure that you know that this is one badass drink, and they're not messing around. Well, actually, It's quite inviting, and has a nice western feel to it.




As you can see here, the art sports a spunky exclamation bubble, allowing us to know what this is supposed to be. At first, I had no clue what Cactus Cooler was supposed to taste like. This little bubble helped a lot. Cactus Cooler has a very unique font for their logo, unlike any I have seen. It fits in well with the backdrop, which in turn fits in well with the color of the drink itself. A huge sunrise/sunset adorns the background, with cacti on either side. Absolute gold.
85/100

OVERALL EXPERIENCE / FINAL THOUGHTS
For my first time drinking it, It was surprisingly enjoyable. The flavor isn't too different to make you not want to drink it, and the texture only helps its cause. A very nice balance is proven here, and while it can have a slightly bitter aftertaste, this -again- only helps the cause. I urge you to at least try a sip of Cactus Cooler sometime, as I'm positive you will never drink anything like it.

FINAL SCORE

75/100

2 comments:

  1. A bit too sweet for my taste but a very enjoyable zinginess, enjoy it over a big cup of crushed ice and if you're an adult throw in some tater sqeezins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are appropriate for marking. The expansive side boards take into consideration extra marking specifically onto the refreshment cooler. This is an extraordinary alternative in the event that you need to advance your image or a particular drink. pagoda inn griffith in

    ReplyDelete